You Changed Me


Photographer: J. Cook Visionz

Black is the end.

We all have had an unhealthy relationship or friendship that changed us completely. Made us think more. Doubt ourselves. Questioning every move we make. Even transforming us into the enemy.

My first abusive relationship was in middle school. He would punch me around after school and I would laugh to turn it into a joke. It wasn't. People started asking questions. Why are you with him? Are you going to let him control you forever? No, I wasn't. I didn't know how to get myself out of the situation because I was scared of him. Finally, I gained up enough energy to break up with him and during that moment, he punched me so hard... I never saw him again after that.
  Dealing with that at a young age had changed me into a woman full of demons. No control over her life. Low self-esteem. Extremely low confidence. Every relationship I had was filled with demons from past relationships. 
NOW I'm letting it all go. This shoot brought out the emotional side of me and I had no choice but to let it all go. In this season, my dreams will come true. My past will not stop me from reaching my destination.

Share:

0 creative writers